SAVE THE DATE! The Del-One Foundation's Annual Golf Tournament will be held on Wednesday, October 8th at Jonathan's Landing Golf Course in Magnolia. More information coming soon...
The Del-One Foundation will support and participate in events for the following charities and programs in 2014: (dates of events will be updated as we receive information)
- Delaware SPCA (www.delspca.org), an organization dedicated to the elimination of animal cruelty, neglect and overpopulation by providing services for people and their companions.
- Down Syndrome Association of Delaware (www.dsadelaware.org), an organization which promotes the understanding, inclusion and acceptance of people with Down Syndrome. Buddy Walk - Saturday, May 11th, 12:00pm at UD Athletic Complex.
- Kay's Kamp (www.kayskamp.org), a camp which provides children ages 5-17 currently battling cancer and those now in remission the opportunity to participate in a unique camping experience promoting fun and normalcy – free of charge.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (www.jdrf.org/delaware), which is focused on improving lives and curing Type 1 diabetes. Saturday, October 18 walk at the Monster Mile/Dover Downs
- The Krysti Bingham Cerebral Palsy Foundation (www.krysti.org), whose mission is to help people who have been presented with the challenges of physical disabilities.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (Out of the Darkness) (www.afsp.org), an organization exclusively dedicated to understanding and preventing suicide through research, education and advocacy, and to reaching out to people with mental disorders and those impacted by suicide. Out of the Darkness walk - Saturday, September 20th, 8:30am registration, 10:00am walk, Downtown Dover
Charities Supported in 2013
The Del-One Foundation supported various charities in 2013. Over $26,000 was donated, and staff, volunteers, friends, and family participated in several fundraising events throughout the year.
- A bowling event was held to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Delaware, an organization providing caring adult mentors for at-risk youth.
- A golf tournament was held at Jonathan's Landing Golf Course in Magnolia to benefit the Del-One Foundation.
- The Del-One Foundation, along with staff, volunteers, friends, and family, supported and participated in fundraising walks that were held throughout Delaware to benefit:
- Autism Delaware, which works to ensure that all people with autism have opportunities to learn, grow and live full lives as included and valued members of their communities.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, which is focused on improving lives and curing Type 1 diabetes.
- Down Syndrome Association of Delaware, an organization which promotes the understanding, inclusion and acceptance of people with Down Syndrome.
- Kay's Kamp, promoting fun a camp which provides children ages 5-17 currently battling cancer and those now in remission the opportunity to participate in a unique camping experience and normalcy – free of charge.
- Alzheimer's Association of Delaware - whose mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain healt
- A donation was made to Caring Hearts Helping Hands, Inc., an organization who supports working families in Kent County who for various reasons or circumstances could use some assistance throughout the year by allowing them to shop (free of charge) in the warehouse for donated items. Staff also shopped for 2 large families, with a total of 10 children, to ensure the children had a wonderful Christmas.
Forms and Documents
Click here to view the by-laws of the Del-One Foundation.