Receive Up to $5,000 Toward Your First Home With a First Front Door Grant
It’s a great time to buy your first home! With the First Front Door (FFD) grant program, you can get up to $5,000 for a down payment and closing costs. See details below and consider taking advantage of this special program funded by FHLBank Pittsburgh.
What is the First Front Door grant program?
Through FFD, if you qualify, Del-One FCU will match your contribution 3-to-1. For every $1 you contribute, you can receive $3 in grant assistance (up to a maximum of $5,000) for a down payment and closing costs on your first home.
Who qualifies for a First Front Door grant?
To qualify, you must:
- Be a first-time homebuyer (which means you haven’t owned a home within the past three years, or you owned a home only while married but not as a single person within the last three years – this includes a married couple if either has not owned a home in the past three years).
- Secure a first mortgage through Del-One FCU.
- Have an income at or below 80 percent of the area median income.
- Not be a student working less than 30 hours per week.
- Complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling prior to purchasing the home.
- Agree to maintain the home for five years to retain the full amount of the grant. If a sale occurs before the five years expire, a portion of the grant may be required to be repaid. Del-One FCU will review these and other program requirements with you.
Apply for a First Front Door grant today!
Call a Del-One mortgage representative at (302) 608-0104 or email mortgageinfo@Del-One.org to have your questions answered and get started on your application! Click here for information on our mortgage programs.